Global Youth SDGs Summit
Global Youth SDGs Summit is an annual gathering event for youths that brings together a community of purpose driven young people.
It is also a Global call to Action for the youths worldwide to advance strategies to influence policies and programmes relating to SDGs implementation.
The Global Youth SDGs Summit is managed and chaired by the Global Youth Assembly to raise awareness and celebrate the progress of the Sustainable Development Goals.
The Global Youth SDGs Summit facilitates a Global level of the Sustainable Development Goals and to create a platform for dialogue, networking, and sharing of best practices and innovative solutions to accelerate the implementation of the SDGs.
The Objectives of the Global Youth SDGs Summit are:
• Create and improve awareness amongst global youths about the Sustainable Development Goals and their roles towards implementation process.
• Advocate peace and security, human rights and development, and to provide global solutions to our common challenges.
• Advocate for effective participation of Global Youths in Sustainable Development Goals events.
• Initiate and strategise ways to localize the Sustainable Development Goals to ensure no one is left behind.
• Empower existing and new youth organisations to participate and monitor implementation of Sustainable Development Goals.
Few Brief about the Sustainable Development Goals and role of the Global Youth SDGs Summit;
It’s been 5 years since 25 September 2015, when world leaders agreed to 17 Global Goals (officially known as the Sustainable Development Goals or SDGs).
These goals have the power to create a better world by 2030, by ending poverty, fighting inequality and addressing the urgency of climate change. Guided by the goals, it is now up to all of us, governments, businesses, civil society and the general public to work together to build a better future for everyone.
So, exactly 5 years later, we’ve joined to engage the world to take action.
This year’s event will be held both virtual and physical in Africa.
the Global Youth Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Summit will be held both virtually and physically. We look forward to welcoming participants across the world to connect and participate virtually, alongside a limited, in-person gathering of participants in Africa.
The Global Youth SDGs Summit is initiated and led by Global Youth Assembly, in partnership with organizing partners. It is supported by many partners around the world.
For sponsorship, enquiries, partnership or participation call/whatsApp +2347057794768 for more information or globalyouthsdgssummit@gmail.
• Must be between 15 years and 35 years
• Ability to fund camp fees or participation fees
• Older persons and head of organizations are welcome and allowed to apply.
• Have interest in Sustainable Development, Agenda 2030 and Agenda 2063.
• Young women are encouraged to apply.
• Panel Discussions
• Working groups
• Extra-curricular activities offered include (but not limited to) indoor & outdoor games, yoga, team bonding sessions, cultural display etc.
Why should i register to attend the Summit?
• Partnerships: Partnering or engaging with other sterling organizations or individuals.
• Peer learning: Get the chance to engage with other young people from various backgrounds.
• Expert sessions on relevant topics.
• An opportunity to attend the General Assembly of the GYA.
Covid-19 Awareness Campaign
This campaign was carried out to inform the global community to stay safe and adhere to the precautionary measures outlined by the WHO and other health institutions.